When you prepare for your first hunting trip, I am sure that there are a lot of things that you need to prepare including the hunting equipment, clothes, food and of course a backpack to help you carry all of those things. A high quality hunting backpack is not only capable of storing a huge amount of stuff; it also needs to ensure your comfort while you have to carry it all day long on our hunting trip.
With a lot of options on the market, it will take you a lot of time to find the best hunting backpacks. You need to surf through several models before you find the one that meets all of your needs and requirement. Reading hunting backpack reviews is one of the quick ways to have you get more ideas about which brands and models of hunting backpack you should look for.
If you are still on boards, scroll down to learn more about what you should consider when choosing hunting backpacks and the list of the best hunting backpack available to you at the moment.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING HUNTING BACKPACKS
There are a lot of things that you need to consider when choosing a backpack for your hunting trip. It is important to spend time thinking about your needs and requirements as it will ensure you find the one which is the most suitable for you.
When you go hunting?
First you need to think about the time of the day when you go hunting. If you go hunting in the board day light and come home during the day, you will need a smaller backpack with a compact design. A typical backpack with around 3000 cubic of inside space is quite enough for you to store your personal items as well as the needed tools and equipment.
On the other hand, if you go hunting at night or stay overnight, you should choose a backpack with an interior space of more than 4000 cubes. This big backpack will allow you to have more space for your equipment as well as food that you are going to use over night.
The design of a hunting backpack
There are 2 main types of designs that you should consider in a hunting backpack- including the internal frame and external frame. Both of these designs have their own pros and cons.
The backpack with external frame is capable of carrying heavy load. It also helps to ventilate air around your back and the backpack and make it more comfortable for you when you have to carry the backpack in a hot summer day. However, the external frame would make the backpack quite bulky.
The second type of design is the internal frame. This frame is lightweight ad compact. However, it would not be able to support a lot of weights as much as how a backpack with external frame can support.
There are also other things in the designs of the backpack that you need to pay attention to as well. For example, a backpack with a lot of pockets and dividers will help you to organize different stuff in your backpacks and make it quicker for you when you are looking out for something.
In case you have to carry a lot of stuff, pay attention to the backpack that have external straps or compartments for you to carry a long riffle or a bow as well.
The material of the backpack
The material of the backpack comes in many forms such as polyester and twill. No matter which material you are going to consider, make sure that its water proof, or at least water resistant, lightweight and durable.
REVIEWS OF THE BEST HUNTING BACKPACKS ON THE MARKET
1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag
Its Main Features: APLS is a popular backpack brand that you can see in many hunting backpack reviews. It is surely one of the most popular backpacks on the market as well. The total weight of the backpack is 4 lbs. while the capacity of it is 2700 cubic. It features a quiver holder on each side of the back.
- With the organizational shelf pockets that are situated smartly, it is very easy for you to gain access to the external access when you are carrying the backpack.
- This backpack has the capacity of 2100 cubic in, which means that you can store a lot of bulky things with this product. There is even drop down pockets to help you carry your gun and bow as well.
- The aluminum part at the center of the backpack brings more support and stability for you when you are on the move.
- This backpack comes with many useful features for your hunting experience. For example, it comes with a D-ring clip to help you hang the backpack up on the tree. It also comes with a lot of pockets for you to organize your stuff. These pockets include drop down pocket for gun, front and main pockets as well as quiver holders on both sides of the backpack.
- Last but not least, the adjustable torso range, padded shoulder harness and padded waist belt will keep you ultra-comfortable and are fitted to allow for full range of motion.
- The zippers are quite tough to open and they also make quite a few noises.
- The big compartment is deep so that you have to dig down to find what you need.
Verdict: This backpack is perfect for a hunter that tends to carry a lot of gears.
2. ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Back Pack
Its Main Features: This backpack is made from charcoal colored nylon ripstop fabric. It has a unique fastening system to help secure crossbow, bow and rifle. It features a front zippered wing pockets to help you secure your tools when hauling. There are 2 quiver holders on each side of the backpack as well as spindrift collar and a lot of pockets such as two side accessory pockets, large main compartment, front pocket and spotting scope pocket.
- This camo backpack offers a huge amount of capacity. In total, it can store up to 5250 cubic inches of storage space, which is enough for you to carry all of the tools that you need for your hunting trip, even for several days.
- Not to mention that it comes with various compartments and pockets of different sizes for you to organize things smartly.
- You can carry a lot of hunting tools with this backpack, ranging from small gun to long riffle and crossbow.
- The material of this backpack is of the highest level of durability and resiliency. It is water resistant and has a quick drying performance so that you can wear this backpack in the light rain.
- The external frame of this backpack helps to support heavy weight. It distribute weight evenly so that you would feel comfortable carrying it. Not to mention that it helps the backpack to remain stable while you are on the move.
- The set up of the suspension system is quite loose as it would keep slipping down onto your waist.
- It is not suitable for anyone of petite sizes.
Verdict: This backpack is suitable for heavy built hunter who needs a backpack to carry a huge amount of gear and equipment for 3 to 5 days of hunting.
3. Badlands Superday Camouflage Hunting Backpack Daypack Compatible with Bow, Rifle, and Pistol Hydration Compatible
Its Main Features: This backpack has a 1400 cubic inch capacity. It has 7 pockets. It also has external compression straps,, waist belt pocket and hip belt pistol holder. It is one of the most popular hunting backpack of Badlands.
- This backpack is made from the KXO-32 fabric, which is a high quality material. This material is strong, sturdy and water proof. On the other hand, the high quality zippers are extremely quiet and smooth, allowing you to open the pockets without alerting any prey near by.
- Besides the premium material, this backpack is designed with a lot of strategic features and pockets. They allow you to store a wide range of equipment- from rifle and bow to pistol.
- It is made with high quality craftsmanship as well with fine and solid double stitching lines to make sure all of the parts of the backpacks could stick together through various heavy duty uses.
- There is an ergonomically advanced molded foam suspension to suit with the contours of any hunter’s body so that you can carry a heavy load without feeling uncomfortable.
- Last but not least, the manufacturer of this backpack- Badlands offers the unconditional lifetime guarantee for this backpack. It means that your initial investment in this backpack will last for a long way.
- The pouches and the pistol holder sit a little bit far back so that you could get hold of these areas if you are still wearing your backpack on.
- There is no clip for the hose on the shoulder straps.
Verdict: It is one of the most versatile hunting backpacks on the market and if you are looking a backpack to carry bow, rifle and pistol, you should take a look at this backpack.
4. Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack
This backpack is made of twill- the polyester brushed tricot with PVC. It comes with a 2 liter reversible Hydrak bladed with insulated hose. There is adjustable shoulder strap system which you can easily adjust to multiple torso sizes. Other features of this backpack include Hawk-Eye binocular strap system and the rain fly, to name just a few.
- There are various straps on the back of the backpack to hold a bow or a long riffle. These straps are also very sturdy and durable, supporting you to carry gear with a different weight.
- The internal frame of this backpack is super strong and sturdy, which helps to support a lot of items and distribute weight evenly so that your back will not get hurt after your hunting trip.
- The material of this backpack is of premium quality which is ultra quite and durable. Along with the high quality material, the premium padded waist belt with ergonomic tightening adjustment can make sure you feel the most comfortable while carrying a heavy load for a long way.
- This backpack comes with many useful features to enhance your experience while going hunting such as the rain fly to use when it is raining and the drop down scabbed for secure rifle storage.
- In addition, it is capable of carrying many bulky items such as a riffle, a bow or a tripod.
- It is a little bit heavier in comparison with other hunting backpacks of the same size.
Verdict: This backpack is made with the needs of big game hunters in mind. Also if you often carry a few different pieces of hunting equipment such as a bow or a long riffle, this backpack is a great choice for you.
4. Slumberjack Bounty 4500 Backpack, Mandrake
Its Main Features: This backpack is made with 420 D poly material. It features military grade handles, large twin side pockets as well as pals and paddle holster compatible hip belt. It is compatible with hydration.
- The material of this camo backpack is super durable and sturdy, allowing you to wear it in all kind of conditions of weather. Also the camo pattern on the backpack is very effective in term of helping you to blend in to the nature.
- It is supers supportive with military grade handles so that you can carry this backpack by hand easily and comfortably. In addition, it is made with padded shoulder straps and back part along with cool mesh line to make sure your back is supported with all of the heavy workload.
- The frame of this backpack s super firm. It helps to distribute weight and prevent your back from getting hurt after the hunting session effectively.
- The zippered pockets on the adjustable waist belt are quite convenient for you to put in some items you forget to pack in the last minute. Or you can use these pockets to store items that you need to have frequent access such as your phone. You can take items out from these pockets even when you are wearing the backpack.
- Last but not least, this backpack comes with a detachable filed pack and various organization pockets to help you organize your stuff better. In case you have small items, you don’t have to search through to find what you need.
- The straps which are used to carry the riffle don’t do their job well and the riffle tent to move around quite a lot.
Verdict: This bag is a good choice for anyone who goes for high elevation hunts and big game.
5. CVLIFE Outdoor Tactical Backpack Military Rucksacks for Camping Hiking and Trekking Waterproof 30L
Its Main Features: This backpack is made of waterproof 600 D nylon material. There are 3 types of colors and patterns for you to choose from which is CP or ACU pattern and black color. Features which are included in the backpack are waist belt, sternum strap, padded and adjustable shoulder straps.
- The features of the backpack including the padded shoulder straps and sternum strap help you to carry heavy loads on your shoulders without feeling much burden.
- The material of this backpack is very sturdy and durable. It is also very quiet and has a quick drying performance, allowing you to wear the backpack even in the rain.
- The overall construction of this backpack is very firm and solid. It is made with excellent craftsmanship with durable and solid double stitching lines to make sure this backpack is usable in all kinds of weather.
- There are a lot of space inside the backpack with small pouches and two front pockets to help you organize and sort your items according to their sizes.
- The zippers of this backpack are a little bit stiff, making it hard for you to open the pockets without making any noise.
Verdict: This backpack is suitable for anyone who wants to have a lightweight and compact backpack for their small game hunting during the day.
6. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Backpack – Meat Hauler – Rifle, Bow, and Pistol Compatible and Hydration Compatible
Its Main Features: This backpack is made with aluminum aircraft frame and KXO-32 fabric. It is hydration compatible with the total capability of 2250. It features 8 pockets; integrated spotting scope pocket as well as blaze orange meat shelf and zipper back panel access.
- The backpack is designed with a proper ergonomic design in mind, helping to make you feel comfortable regardless of your torso size.
- Moreover, it is made with aluminum aircraft frame, which is of high quality to be very lightweight and supportive, especially when you have to carry heavy load.
- There are a lot of pockets, straps as well as compartments for you to store a lot of things including pistol holders on each side and a meat shelf. You can also enjoy bringing a lot of hunting tools such as rifle and bow as well.
- The fabric which is used to make this backpack is one of the toughest and quietest materials that you can find on the market. It also comes with water proof ability for you to use even when it is raining.
- Like other hunting backpacks from Badlands, this backpack is backed with unconditional lifetime warranty.
- This backpack doesn’t come with organization compartments, other than what is one the belts and wings. You might find it difficult to organize your backpack if you have a lot of small items.
Verdict: This backpack is suitable for hunter that needs both of the sturdy meat hauler and a daypack. It is idea for big game hunter as well.
7. Fieldline Men’s Mossy Oak Breakup Country Pro Treeline Day Pack, Beige, One Size
Its Main Features: This backpack is made of polyester material. It features an XL main compartment inside the backpack with place to store a 2 liter hydration reservoir. There is a yoked shoulder strap system with adjustable sternum slider.
- This backpack is made of high quality material which makes the backpack itself lightweight and comfortable to wear. In addition, it is water resistant and has quick drying performance, allowing you to wear it in the rain.
- In addition, the yoked shoulder straps are very easy to adjust to your most comfortable length.
- It has a lot of space inside the bag along with various pockets with different sizes. The design helps you to store a lot of different things and organize things smartly. There is an XL compartment to help you store bulky items and you can also bring along bottles of water with this backpack.
- The construction of the backpack is very firm and solid. Along with the high quality craftsmanship, the backpack is made for heavy duty uses and can last through various seasons.
- This backpack could be used to hold large and long equipment such as a long riffle or a fishing pole.
- There are some parts of the backpack which is in beige color, not exactly what you might want if you want to hide yourself in the wilderness.
Verdict: This backpack is suitable for anyone who carries a few small and compact items for their hunting trip for a day.
8. Allen Company 19099 Pagosa Daypack, Realtree Xtra, 1800 Cubic Inches
Its Main Features: The material of this backpack is the brushed tricot type. This backpack comes with an 1800 cubic inch capacity. It features a hydration pouch ready with dual water bottle pockets as well as adjustable padded shoulder straps, sternum strap and waist belt.
- First of all, this backpack is made with high visibility lining and zipper pull. It makes it easier for you to locate the backpack and open as well as closing it in low light condition.
- The fabric of this material is super quiet, helping you to go unnoticed. It also bears other features that make the backpack a great one- such as a good ability ventilate, to keep your back cool in the hot summer day. It is also very tough and durable, promising to last for several hunting seasons.
- This backpack comes with many features to make you feel comfortable wearing heavy load all day long such as the padded shoulder straps, the padded back support along with the sternum strap and adjustable waist belt. In addition, theses padded parts are lined with cool mesh to add even more comfort for you on your hunting session.
- It is worth mentioning that there are 2 side compression straps to keep weight closer to your body and help to maintain stability while you are on the move.
- The odor of this backpack is quite strong, especially when it is new. It will take a few time to get rid of this smelly odor.
Verdict: It is a great daypack backpack for small game hunter or a hunter who doesn’t bring a lot of big and bulky stuff.
9. Allen Company Remington Twin Mesa Daypack
Its Main Features: This backpack has an 1853 cubic inch capacity. It has 5 zipper pockets and 1 mesh storage pocket. It also has an integrated gun carry system. The waist belt can be adjusted to fit the waist line of around 54 inches.
- This backpack is made with cool mesh lining which comes with sturdy and durable stitching lines for heavy duty uses.
- The hip belt and the shoulder straps are densely padded so that you can feel comfortable carrying this bag on your shoulders all day long.
- In addition, it features a long gun carry system to store a long gun outside of the backpack for you.
- There is a huge space inside the backpack for you to store a lot of things. Not to mention there are 5 exterior pockets and 1 mesh interior pocket to help you organize your belongings effectively. There are pockets which are big enough for you binoculars, water bottles and even toilet papers.
- The gun sliding is very easy and convenient to use and adjust. Not to mention that it is very secure and can be adjusted for any size of the riffle with accessories on. This sliding does not support long gun but also compound bow and even fishing pole.
- This backpack comes with no hydration unit.
Verdict: If you have to carry a lot of stuff along with a long gun, this backpack is worth considering.