You will need to prepare a lot of stuff for your first hunting trip- the proper gear and equipment, hunting tools, first aid kid and proper clothing. Since you are going to walk and stand a lot, having a high quality pair of hunting boots is also very important.
It will be quite a challenging task to research and decide on which the best hunting boots for you are. There are literally thousands and thousands of models and designs for you to choose from. One hunting boot which is perfect for a hunter might not work well on your foot and vice versa. You have to consider many factors- the seasons when you are going to hunt, the kinds of terrains of your hunting sessions and your personal needs.
We list down 10 of the best hunting boots for different needs and occasions. Take a look at them to see if there is some boots that you need for your next hunting trip.
Here is the list of the best hunting boots for men in 2017:
1. Irish Setter Men’s 2870 Vaprtrek Waterproof 8″ Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with synthetic material and rubber sole. It features the design of an ankle high hunting boot with the shaft measures approximately 8 inches from arch. It comes in the Realtree Xtra Camouflage.
- The material of this hunting boot is of high quality. It helps the boot to be lightweight, cool and well ventilated to keep your foot feel comfortable all the time.
- Thanks to the material and the UltraDry technology, this boot has a quick drying performance as well as a great water proof ability. You can enjoy walking in the rain or take part in outdoor activities with this boot.
- In addition, it comes with the RPM composite technology to make the boot even more lightweight and comfortable without giving up on durability, endurance and support.
- This boot is designed with an effective traction for tree stand steps, traction during heel strike and lugs to prevent you from falling down when you walk in a slippery surface.
- The Scentband is included in this boot to effectively prevent bacteria from developing odors, especially when you have to wear this boot for a long time.
- This hunting boot runs a little bit smaller in comparison with other types of hunting boots you can find on the market.
Verdict: In case you are looking for a pair of hunting boots for early season with a high level of water proof ability, take a look at this one.
2. LaCrosse Men’s Alphaburly Pro 18″ Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This pair of men’s hunting boots is made with a blend of rubber and neoprene featuring a lug sole. The shaft measures around 16 inches from arch. There are several patterns for you to choose from such as the Realtree Extra green, forest green, mossy oak and green.
- This boot comes with embossed liners which help to ventilate the air inside the boot and wick moisture away to keep your foot clean and cool all of the time.
- The choice of materials, which are the hand laid premium rubber over the neoprene core, helps to create a flexible yet solid and heavy duty hunting boot.
- In addition, this hunting boot is waterproof and has quick drying performance.
- There are a lot of supports coming from the boot including the multilayer rubber part on the toes and heel to provide extra cushioning and support your walking motion. Moreover, it comes with an extra high quality EVA midsole to provide support for your walk as well.
- The foot bed is super comfortable and it can be removed for you to have a more customized fit.
- Thanks to the adjustable neoprene gusset, it is easy for you to wear the boot on as well as taking it off.
- With this product, you have a wide range of colors to choose from. Not to mention that there are many sizes – from size 6 to size 15 to fit almost all sizes of foot.
- This hunting boot is a little bit stiff, especially when you have just bought and worn it for a few times.
Verdict: You can consider this boot for the early season hunting. It is also useful when the area when you go hunting has quite a few potential hazards that lies and stands below your knee.
3. The Original MuckBoots Adult FieldBlazer Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with rubber and synthetic material with a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 16 inches from arch. It is available in Realtree Extra Green pattern.
- First of all, the most significant feature of this hunting boot is that it is super waterproof thanks to the high quality rubber and synthetic material.
- The nylon material can stretch in 4 ways to make sure it hug your foot nicely and comfortably, causing no blister at all, even when you have to walk for a long time.
- In addition, it comes with breathable and well ventilated lining with a special flex foam layer. This layer can help your foot cool and dry all of the time.
- The rubber outsole is slip resistant with a great traction, helping you to walk on wet and slippery surface without any difficulty.
- The overall construction of this knee high hunting boot is very sturdy and heavy duty with a durable vulcanized rubber shell to make sure the boot is abrasion resistant and long lasting.
- The footbed, heel and sole of this hunting boot is reinforced with extra cushioning to make sure you can feel comfortable, even when you have to walk on tough surface.
- This hunting boot will not be able to keep your warm, especially when the temperature drops down.
Verdict: In case you are looking for a pair of mens rubber hunting boots with a high shaft and excellent water proof ability for hunting in rainy seasons, this product is ideal for you. It is also the best choice for you when you go hunting in wetland conditions.
4. Under Armour Men’s UA Speed Freek Bozeman Hunting Boots
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made of synthetic material including the suede leather and the nylon for the upper part. The sole is made in rubber material. There are 4 options of colors and patterns for you to choose from including Realtree AP-xtra, black, dark brown and light brown.
- This hunting boot comes with the exclusive Under Armour Scent Control which is effective for a long time, helping you to keep undetected throughout your hunting trip. In addition, it also prevents bacteria from developing odor insider your boot.
- The suede leather is super soft and smooth on your skin. In addition, it brings and keep your foot warm effectively when the temperature drops down.
- It is water resistant and the breathable lining helps to keep you dry and cool.
- The rubber part on top of the hunting boot is reinforced to be super protective, sturdy and abrasion resistant.
- The molded sockliner is designed with a memory foam top and PU base to make sure this hunting boot is lightweight, durable and supportive.
- Last but not least, the molded EVA midsole is attached to the boot to bring extra cushioning and shock absorption for the boot when you have to walk on various tough and rough terrains.
- This hunting boot runs a little bit smaller in comparison with other types of hunting boots for you on the market.
Verdict: This is best hunting boots for cold weather. And in case you need a hunting boot for your hunting trip in the winter, take a look at this case.
5. Baffin Men’s Hunter Waterproof Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with rubber with a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 13.25 inches from arch. The heel measures around 1.5 inches and the platform measures around 0.5 inches. It features a pull on style with drawstring closure at nylon collar. It is available in forest and black color.
- It is one of the warmest hunting boots. Thanks to it rubber construction, this boot has a -40 degree Fahrenheit rating, which is sufficient to keep your foot warm in a cold winter day.
- While it is capable of retaining heat inside the boot, the material of this boot also makes it water proof and have a quick drying performance for you wear it in a rainy day.
- Furthermore, it is breathable and well ventilated to keep your foot cool in the summer. In addition, it can wick moisture away and prevent odor from developing inside really effectively and efficiently.
- The inner sole of the boot adds extra cushioning and support for your walk. It can also be removed for you to have a better and more customized fit.
- Finally, this hunting boot has a great traction and high energy return. Along with its thick cushioning, you will feel comfortable walking on various types of surfaces.
- This hunting boot runs quite larger than the average sizes of other hunting boots you can find on the market.
Verdict: This hunting boot can be worm in all kinds of weather and conditions. You can choose it when you go hunting in the winter or the summer. It is also ideal for you to wear when you take part in all kinds of activities.
6. Irish Setter Men’s 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof 17″ Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with leather and synthetic material along with a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 17 inches from arch. It is available in Realtree Extra Green pattern.
- This type of hunting boots is made with the innovative RPM technology. Thanks to the material, this hunting boot is lightweight and comfortable, allowing you to wear it for a long time without feeling any burden.
- Besides being lightweight, the material also supports the ultra dry construction and helps the boot to stay water proof.
- The leather which is the high grade full grain type is soft and smooth on your skin. In addition, it is waterproof, well ventilated and will surely last for long time with proper care.
- The ScentBan is added to this hunting boot to prevent unpleasant odor from develop inside, keep your foot clean and cool. In addition, with this feature, it will help you to stay unnoticed.
- The tractions of this hunting boot are of high quality- both in the heel areas and the footbed, which helps you to walk on many types of surfaces without any problem.
- Last but not least, the boot is made with heavy duty construction that is strong and durable, promising to last for several hunting seasons.
- It is not thick enough and a prickly pear thorn can penetrate to the foot.
Verdict: This hunting boot is suitable for you to wear when the weather is hot and cool. It can also be worn in various types of surfaces including wet and tough ones.
7. LaCrosse Men’s 18″ Burly Classic Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with the premium ZXT rubber material and a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 18 inches from arch. It is available in olive green.
- The material of this hunting boot is the high quality had laid ZXT rubber which is waterproof and has a quick drying performance. In addition, it is lightweight as well so that you can have the lightest walks on this boot.
- The material is not only soft and flexible, it is also very tough with added tensile strength to prevent your foot from getting hurt by potential hazards you might encounter during a hunting trip.
- It comes with a 9 mm wool felt midsole with polymeric foam insulation to keep your foot warm enough without making it too hot inside.
- Moreover, it provides a lot of support with its high energy return. You don’t have to exert a lot of effort walking on tough and hard surfaces.
- Thanks to the Ankle fit closure system, it is easy to wear the boot comfortably as well as taking it off.
- The slightly raised heels might make it more difficult for you when you have to move around quite a lot.
- The Chevron tread on the sole provides little traction, especially on slippery surfaces.
Verdict: In case you are looking for a pair of knee high men’s hunting boots for mid season hunting, you can consider this hunting boot.
8. Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8” Uninsulated Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with full grain leather for the upper part. It also has a 1000 Denier top and a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 16 inches from arch. It is available in olive green.
- The material which is used to make this hunting boot is the full grain hide leather which is of high quality. It is waterproof, soft and smooth while having a quick drying performance. Not to mention that leather material is tough and durable. And it still looks nice when it is worn out.
- The nylon part of the hunting boot is also very tough and thick, protecting your foot from various harmful objects such as thrones and rocks on your hunting trails.
- The GORE-TEX linings are of high quality which is breathable and well ventilated to keep your foot cool and comfortable all day long.
- It is super supportive thanks to the cushioning three density open cell foot bed and the TERRA FORCE platform.
- The outsole of this hiking boot is solid with great traction to help your walk on rugged and hard surfaces without feeling uncomfortable.
- Since this hunting boot is among the warmest hunting boots that you can find on the market, it is a little bit quite hot when and not so well ventilated when you wear this hunting boot in the hot summer days.
Verdict: This is the best hunting boots for cold weather that you should consider for your big game hunting, especially when you have to stay in the wilderness overnight.
9. LaCrosse Men’s AeroHead 18” 3.5mm Hunting Boot
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with rubber material and neoprene along with a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 18 inches from arch. It is available in mossy oak and realtree extra green.
- With the adjustable back gusset and straps, it is easy for you to wear the boot on and off. It also makes sure that you can have the snuggest and most comfortable fit with your hunting boot.
- It is water proof and has a quick drying performance, allowing you to wear this boot when it is raining outside.
- The boot is made with great craftsmanship to be very firm and sturdy. All of the parts of the boots are well attached to each other.
- The outsole of this hunting boot has a great traction for you to walk on slippery surface and climbing on trees without encountering any problems.
- In addition, the PU cushioned midsole is injected to provide extra cushioning for your foot.
- This boot is lightweight and comfortable, well ventilated to wick moisture away from your foot when you have to walk in the hot summertime.
- This hunting boot is not insulated and will not be warm enough when you wear in the cold winter days.
Verdict: In case you are looking for a pair of men’s rubber hunting boots to wear in the cool summer and autumn days, take a look at this case.
10. LaCrosse Men’s 4X Alpha Snake Hunting Boo
Its Main Features: This hunting boot is made with rubber material with neoprene and a rubber sole. The shaft measures around 16 inches from arch. It is available in realtree extra green.
- This hunting boot is waterproof and has a quick drying performance. In addition, the material of this boot ensures that it will last a long time and stay protective over potential hazards such as rocks and thrones effectively.
- In addition, it is sturdy and has a lot of cushioning including the 4 layers of underfoot cushioning to support your foot when you have to walk on tough and sturdy terrains.
- The outsole is made with 4x burly to have a great traction against slippery and wet surfaces.
- The temperature rating of this boot is -20 degrees, making it the best hunting boots for cold weather.
- It is a little bit heavy and bulky.
Verdict: You can consider this boot when you intend to go hunting in this coming winter.
Here is the list of some of the best hunting boots that you can find on the market. Some of them are ideal for you to walk on tough surfaces while some are for walking on slippery surface. Some hunting boots would be able to keep you warm in the cold winter days while some will be cool and well ventilated enough to wick moisture away in the hot summer days.
Only you know best about your needs and preferences. Therefore, you should spend time thinking about your requirements, reading reviews and doing your homework well. With enough time and effort, I am sure that you will be able to find for yourself a pair of hunting boots that will protect your foot and make sure you feel comfortable during and after your hunting trip.