One of men’s biggest nightmares is hair loss. When you see your hair falling out in the sink, it’s recommended that you should do the following test: 3 days after shampooing with shampoo, clip a lock of hair; about 10 strands between the thumb and forefinger, then try to tug it. If more than two strands fall out, it’s a bad sign. Don’t you worry; let’s discover the causes of hair loss and how to improve your current hair loss status.
1. Causes of hair loss
Men hair loss is confirmed when the number of daily hair loss exceeds 100 fibers. However, this claim only because the hair is relatively thick, it has fallen more nor unsettling, even for people with thinning hair is a problem.
In addition, some conventional mechanical impact as braided, bun so tight hairline repeatedly inflate and make hair more prone to fall sharply. Do not comb too hard, do not comb the hair too many times during the day.
Most hair loss in men is related to genetics
A common mistake is going out in the sun without anything to cover the hair. It will be hurt by ultraviolet rays in sunlight. If harmful chemicals for hair such as hair spray, shampoo, detergent are used regularly, they can harm the growth of hair.
Women who are pregnant, people who are taking blood pressure medications, diabetes or immunosuppressive drugs, the hair fall out more often.
Up to 95% of men suffer from hair loss due to heredity. When they aim fifties, more than half of them starts alopecia. If the fathers suffer from balding, their sons would inherit genetics.
When you suffer severe stress, the body will produce special hormones which disturb the flow of blood and slow the growth of hair, leading to hair loss.
Is the natural chemical reactions on the scalp. It starts when the male sex hormones (sex hormones) in contact with the oil glands in the hair follicles. These oil glands contains an enzyme similar to male sex hormones.
When a reaction occurs, the sex hormones are converted into dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
DHT will then opposite effect on hair follicles and make them shrink, causing the protective layer thicker on the scalp and prevents the transmission of blood to the capillaries. The hair follicle buried under the scalp so that the process of establishing the new hair is delayed.
A number less hair day old hair falls off, but because there is no new hair replacement. The result is bald.
Using some medications such as antidepressants, drugs containing too much vitamin A, and having chemical therapy (such as cancer treatment) can cause a real hair loss, often lead to baldness.
Here are some ways to prevent and treat hair loss:
- Try not to use a towel to rub your hair: Instead, let the hair dry naturally.
- Reduce alcohol: If you are suffering from hair loss, reducing alcoholic beverages because alcohol reduces hair growth.
- Avoid smoking: Cigarette smoking reduces blood flows to the scalp and this reduces hair growth.
- Take vitamins supplements for hair loss. Vitamins good for the hair: Vitamin A stimulates the production of sebum in the scalp, vitamin E is good for blood circulation in the scalp and vitamin B helps maintain its healthy color.
- Add more protein to your diet: Eat more fish, soy or other protein-rich sources to get healthy hair and help reducing hair loss.
- Massage the scalp with essential oils. Those who suffer from hair loss should massage the scalp with essential oils for a few minutes. It helps hair follicles remain active. You can add lavender extract to almond oil or sesame oil.
- Avoid combing wet hair: When hair is wet, it’s in the weakest state. So avoid brushing wet hair because that increases hair loss capability. If you’re in a rush and you have to comb your wet hair, use a wide tooth comb. Also, avoid combing your hair too often as it may hurt your scalps and increases the risk of hair loss. Use fingers to remove tangled hair instead of combs or brushes.
- Garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice: This way may cause a bit uncomfortable feelings to people who hate strong smells of garlic or onion, but it works very well. Apply some juice on your scalps then rub them gently. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning. Do it regularly for a week and you will see positive results.
- Keeping the body hydrated: Make sure you drink about 8 glasses of water/day to provide enough water for the body and for hair growth.
- Using Green tea scrub: Many studies indicate that green tea scrub to your hair can help curb hair loss problems. Apply some green tea oil into your hair, leave them for a few minutes then wash your hair again until it’s clean.