When one runner seeks for the best trail running shoes, he would be able to face with a lot of options with different styles, materials and technologies to choose from. With thousands of brands and models that offer running shoes at the moment, it would surely take a lot of time and effort in searching the one which matches all of your needs and preference. A good pair of running shoes should be able to make you feel comfortable while running and helping you to run smoothly and effectively.
In case you are looking for such a pair, read on for the review of the best running shoes for men in 2017.
01. ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe
ASICS was founded in 1949 in Kobe, Japan with the mission to create a healthy and happy life for users, aiming to help them with their overall health and fitness. With that said in mind, all of the running shoes from ASICS can help to enhance the running performance of the athletes so that they can reach their fullest potential.
This ASICS shoe is made with synthetic and mash material. The sole is made with rubber. The outsole is trail specific with reversed traction lugs and is made from AHAR rubber for high wear areas. The underlay is made with mesh and features brush stroke pattern. The available sizes are from size 7 to size 15 with the options of size D and E. There are 10 combinations of colors for you to choose from including Black/ Onyx/ Charcoal, Silver/ Light Grey/ Royal and Carbon/ Black/ Hot Orange.
- The sock liner of this running shoe is removable and can be catered for the needs of medical orthotics.
- It provides comfort and fully supports the ankles and heels of your feet with their every single movement. Especially since it feature the gel Cushioning system, the landing impact is reduced, helping users to strike the foot onto the ground without feeling any discomfort.
- Finally, it comes with great traction and sturdy outsole for you to run comfortably on different kinds of surfaces.
- It is quite tough on your feet and will take quite a while for it to break in before you can comfortably wear it.
- This model of the shoe is a bit narrower, especially when you have wider feet than normal.
Verdict:This is among the best running shoes for flat feet.It is also suitable for daily running on many different types of surfaces.
02. New Balance Men’s MX608V4 Training Shoe
New Balance is one of the best brands when it comes to best running shoes for men. It has been selling its products on the market for more than 100 years. The company is well known for investing a huge amount of capital on research and investment in order to come up with the most innovative technologies and material. That is the reason why you can see a lot of trade mark parts in its running shoes such as this MX608 V4 training shoe.
This New Balance Men’s training shoe is made from leather with rubber and non marking outsole. The heel’s height is about 1.5 inches. In addition, it features dual density collar with a softer density foam for extra padding and tougher density foam for extra supporting. The EVA foam foot bed also adds more support for your feet. It offers sizes from 6.5 to 15 with many different colors for you to choose from such as Dark Grey/ Navy, Black, Brown, Burnt Orange and White.
- You can have a wide range of sizes and colors to choose from. Especially when you have small or bigger feet, you will find one that fits your feet perfectly.
- It comes with great support and stability and one of the most prominent features is that it has higher return of energy.
- The traction of the shoe is great on tough trails and even in muddy and wet surfaces.
- The shoe laces are quite longer than the normal length of shoe laces from other running shoes.
- The upper part of the shoe is not durable and can be worn out when used in extreme conditions of weather.
Verdict: This kind of men’s running shoe is suitable for daily running on soft and tough trails. If you have smaller of bigger feet than normal, you can also check it out. Finally, with its affordable price, you can consider it if you want to buy a good quality running shoe on a tight budget.
03. Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV
There is no need to say much about Nike as it is one of the most famous sports manufacturers in the world. It targets young customers with its stylish and trendy style while still making sure these products meet the highest standards as possible.
The 4th edition of the Nike Men’s Air Monarch running shoe is made with leather and synthetic material. The sole of the shoe is made from rubber with Phylon midsole and full length Air sole unit. You can choose from several colors such as white, metallic silver and dark navy. Among the best Running shoes for men, this Nike Mans’ Air Monarch offers a huge range of sizes for you to choose from, ranging from size 6 to size 14 with the option for wide and extra wide feet as well.
- The quality of the shoe is very high, making it very comfortable with great support and breath ability. Not to mention that it has good and solid traction against many different kinds of terrain- both hard and soft ones.
- You can choose from a lot of sizes and even if you have wide feet, you are likely to find a pair of shoes that fits your feet perfectly.
- It is very affordable but still lasts for a very long time regardless of how often you use it.
- The toe box of the shoe is quite narrow, which might be quite uncomfortable for runners with big toes.
- It is heavier than its previous models with stiffer sole.
Verdict: It is suitable for runners of all levels of running. In case you seek for a product to use in all seasons for a very long time, you can consider this model of running shoes.
04. Adidas Performance Men’s Speed Trainer 2 Training Shoe
Adidas was a German multinational company whose product lines are shoes, clothing and accessories. It is the second biggest sportswear in the world and is well known for its stylish design and high quality products.
This model of running shoes is the best selling product of Adidas for the past 3 to 4 years and thanks to its popularity, you are welcomed to choose among 40 different sets of colors such as Black, white, metallic, red, yellow and navy. Furthermore, you can choose sizes from 4 to 18. The shoe is made from textile and synthetic with rubber sole, mesh upper part and synthetic overlays. There are cushioning added to the tongue and collar for extra support.
- This shoe offers a great support and stability for runners while ensuring the utmost comfort for them. The material runs smooth on the skin as well.
- The technologies in the shoe help to reduce the impact upon landing and add energy to the feet and their movements.
- There are a lot of sizes and colors for you to choose from. Not to mention that these sizes fit the feet perfectly and there is no hot spot against the runner’s skin.
- This model of running shoe is quite expensive.
- The mid sole of the shoe is quite still and hence, unresponsive.
Verdict: It is suitable for road running and daily running. Also for anyone who aims to find a fashionable running shoes to wear to the gym or for casual look as well.
05. Skechers Sport Men’s Afterburn Memory-Foam Lace-Up Sneaker
Skechers was founded in 1992 offering a diverse range of sports products for both men and women. It has received a lot of positive feedbacks from athletes all over the world. The company has also gained a lot of awards in designs and technologies. When choosing a running shoe from the company, you are likely to get a high quality product with an affordable price.
This shoe is made with leather and synthetic material with mesh upper part. The shoe is designed as a lace up sneaker with supportive overlays, cushioned mesh tongue and cushioned collar. It also features removable memory foam insole. You can choose among dark colors such as black, grey and dark navy with sizes ranging from size 6.5 to size 17.
- This sneaker offers a great aggressive traction control on all kinds of surfaces, no matter how tough or how wet it is.
- Runners can gain the best comfort thanks to the 4-way stretch mesh on both side panels of the shoe.
- The fabric material of the shoe is very soft, providing a barefoot feel.
- The shoe fits the feet perfectly with enough room toe box even for runner with big toes.
- This model has a wide range of sizes for you to choose from.
- The mid sole and outsole of this shoe can wear out quickly, especially when you wear and use it on a regular basis.
- The upper part of the shoe is not as breathable as other models of shoes on the list.
Verdict: This is one of the most affordable with great quality that you can look into. It is ideal for long distance run on all kinds of terrains. It might not last for a long time but will offer you great service while you are using it.
06. Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 19 Running Shoe
Mizuno was founded in 1906 and since its establishment; it has been well praised for its advancements and innovations towards sporting goods. Each of the Mizuno’s products, especially its shoes, is promised to be well crafted with the combination of the most innovative and breakthrough technology. Not to mention that each comes with colorful colors and stylish design.
First of all, this running shoe comes with man made material, mesh upper part and synthetic sole. It features Parallel Wave technology and Classic 3D Mizuno fit for the best running experience. Also with U4icX board, the uyou feet are well supported. There a numerous colors for you to choose from including Dude Blue/ Silver, Red/ Black, Twilight Blue/ Green Gecko/ Silver and White/ Black/ Silver.
- It looks stunning and stylish with bright colors so it is suitable for everyday wear as well.
- The lightweight shoes make running more comfortable and easier.
- The upper part of the shoe comes with good air ventilation so that sweat doesn’t trap inside the shoe, making your feet cool and dry even when you run in the hot weather.
- With the U4 icX cushioning technology, the shoe is more efficient and the sole could be able to protect runners better.
- Last but not least, the refined toe spring brings a very smooth and comfortable experience for your toes.
- The material makes the shoe not as durable as other models of running shoes on the list.
- The cushioning is quite stiff, making it less comfortable for runners in the long run.
Verdict: This is one of the best running shoes for men if you intend to use it for short distance run. It is also suitable for daily running in the summer.
07. Adidas NEO Men’s Cloudfoam Race Running Shoe
This Adidas NEO Men’s Cloudfoam race running shoe is made with synthetic material and rubber outsole. The upper part of the shoe is made with mesh for great breath ability. In addition, the innovative cloudfoam sock liner for extra comfort and cushioning. Not to mention the synthetic overlays for a plush look, seamless toe cap with 3 stripe designs – the traditional design you often see in an Adidas product. You have a wide range of styles and colors to choose from including Black, white and grey.
- The shoe is very light and comfortable for running on all kinds of surface. With its good traction, responsiveness and stability, it helps the runners to run with confidence and hence increases their running performance.
- It is true to size and will fit your feet perfectly.
- With the mesh design and construction, this pair of running shoes for men provides good air ventilation.
- With high quality material, it is very durable and can stand well against the test of time.
- The heel could be a little bit stiff for some runners, especially when they run on hard surface.
- It will take quite a while for the shoe to thoroughly break in.
- The shoe, especially the upper part is not waterproof.
Verdict: This running shoe can also be used when you go to the gym along with your daily running sessions. It is also a great choice if you want to wear running shoe with your daily style and casual outlook. This model of running shoe is also suitable for running in dry and warm seasons.
08. Nike Men’s FS Lite Trainer II Training Shoe
Here comes another product from Nike. You might be surprised to look at how many colors you can choose from this model of shoe. In fact, you can choose from at least 20 colors including Black, white, royal blue, red and yellow to name just a few. The shoe is made with synthetic material in the body and mesh for the top. The soles are made from rubber with composition rubber outer, which features a rubber heel, lateral forefoot and toe.
- It offers one of the greatest flexibility with support for lateral movements.
- The upper part of the shoe is well ventilated. In addition, it has multiple directional pliable supports, which adds extra stability and security to the shoe.
- It is very durable, which can last for a long time with intensive use.
- Lastly, you are likely to find the color that you like with this shoe.
- It is quite stiff on the collar area.
- This model of running shoe is about half a size smaller than other running shoes of the same size.
Verdict: It is ideal for anyone seeking a lightweight and low design running shoe to use for a long time. It is also suitable for daily running.
Having a good pair of running shoes would help you to run with comfort, prevent injuries and enhance your running performance. That is why you should consider carefully all of the features of the running shoes in order to make the most informed decision. I hope that this list above can give you some general ideas of what the best running shoes you can find on the market at the moment.