When you have to go for a long walk or standing, it is very important to find the most comfortable pair of shoes which is able to support your legs, ankles and heels. Otherwise, your legs will become painful afterward. And imagine that having a painful leg while you are on a walk- you cannot enjoy any beautiful view but focus entirely on your discomfort.
You have a wide range of options for the best walking shoes for men with different brands, models and designs to choose from. Read on for our pick of top 9 walking shoes for men 2017.
01. New Balance Men’s MW577 Walking Shoe
When you are about to choose a brand for the most comfortable walking shoes for men to consider, the most common brand that many people might suggest is New Balance. New Balance is well known for helping millions of athletes with their goals since its establishment more than 100 years ago.
The shoe is made from real leather with rubber shoes, which is then assembled in the USA. It has the dimensions of 11 x 4 x 7 inches. It features mono-color design with perforated overlays and the logo of New Balance embroidered on one side. You have 2 options of colors: black and white.
With walk-specific comfort foot bed and ABZORB mid sole cushioning, your feet get the greatest support. In addition, it is designed with Walking Strike Path outsole.
- With supportive padding and cushioning, it is among the best shoes for walking.
- The upper part of the shoe features mesh insertions which help to provide good air ventilation, helping you to keep your feet cool and prevent it from sweating.
- It is very durable with high quality natural leather.
- Since it is made from real leather, it might take quite a while for the shoe to break in.
Verdict: Anyone who wants to have a pair of walking shoes with simple design and mono-color can look at this model of shoes. In addition, it comes with a variety of sizes and width options, which is suitable for any man with wide and super wide feet.
02. New Balance Men’s MW411V2 Walking Shoe
This is another product from New Balance. The company might have several models of men walking shoes but it is surely one of its best products.
This New Balance men’s walking shoes is made with synthetic material and has rubber soles. It features lace up design with perforated upper and logo of New Balance embroidered on the side. It has the dimensions of 11 x 4 x 7 inches. You have 3 options of colors to choose from including black, grey and white.
- It has a great design and look nothing like “old man shoes”.
- Comfortable for walking for a long time with a thick insole and enough cushioning with nice recovery.
- It is very light and its size fits true to the foot.
- There are options of wide shoes to choose from as well.
- There is little to none arch support so if you are seeking for one with arch support, it is not a suitable shoe.
- The bottom of the shoe might fall out easily after standing a long time.
Verdict: It is suitable for anyone looking for black shoes to use as work shoes when he has to walk all day as it is the most lightweight on the list. It is also suitable for any man with wide feet.
03. Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking Shoe
Rockport is well known for producing premium and soft material while still manage to get their products last for a long time. When looking for the range of walking shoes the company has to offer, you are welcomed with shoes featuring with bio mechanically designed outsoles support and Rockport special walking platform. Undoubtedly, they are the most comfortable walking shoes for men.
First of all, this model of men walking shoes is made from real leather with rubber mid sole and soft padding inside on the bottom to support the feet effectively. There is a wide range of sizes to choose from – narrow shoes, wide shoes and extra wide shoes. Lastly, this shoe comes with a huge range of colors: from brown to different shades of black.
- The shoe comes with attractive and stylish design with a durable built and premium high quality material.
- The feet will get all of the support they need while you have the greatest stability without constraints of movements thanks to the support of the padded tongue and collar.
- The full grain leather upper part makes it easier for you to clean the shoe.
- The PU insole is quite thin which might not be able to support you in case you have to stand for a long time.
- The size of the shoe might be smaller than your normal shoes’ size.
Verdict: If you have to walk a lot instead of standing, this is the type of shoes for you.
04. Skechers Sport Men’s Afterburn Strike Memory Foam Hook-and-Loop Sneaker
Skechers is a shoe company famous for affordable shoes with decent quality and highly stylish design. The more recent products of walking shoes from the company is equipped with many innovative technologies such as Memory Foam footbed or high traction soles.
This shoe features a syntheric sole with leather and a textile mixed upper part. It is basically a dual strap sneaker featuring lugged outsole and padded tongue and collar. In general, it has perforated hook and loop straps at vamp. You can choose between white and black when considering this model of best shoes for walking.
- It provides decent comfort for a short amount of time. The best feature of this shoe is the removable full length Memory Foam cushioned footbed.
- There is shock absorbing mid sole, helping you to maintain good stability.
- It comes with good air ventilation, helping to prevent the foot from sweating.
- This shoe is not as comfortable as other shoes on the list, especially when you have to walk for a long time on this shoe.
- It also does not provide as good traction as other shoes on the list.
Verdict: If you are looking for a pair of walking shoes which offers both style and comfort, this is the pair of shoes for you. It is a good option for entry level pair of shoes in case you want to experience what you would need in a walking shoe.
05. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
If you often buy sports shoes, you should have noticed this brand instantly as it is one of the most reputational in the market for sports shoes.Since it was established in 1949, the company has always aimed to bring “harmony to the body and soul”. They are famous for high quality sports and walking shoes with decent and affordable prices.
The shoe is made from both of textile and synthetic materials along with soft padded interior. It comes with breathable mesh panels, featuring padded tongue, collar and removable insole. There are 2 color options for you to choose from – black and white.
- It is one of the best shoes for waking to provide the best comfort and design. It helps to prevent the risk of getting fatigue after you walk for a long time and offers you the needed stability to prevent trips and miss-steps.
- The shoe is also very lightweight so you don’t feel anything at all even when you have to walk for a long time.
- It also provides good air ventilation to keep your feet cool even in the hot summer days.
- The shoe is equipped with a lot of modern technologies such as the Biomorphic Fit upper features or the Impact Guidance system to support the foot’s natural gait.
- It is not as durable as some other models of men’s walking shoes on the list. After 2 or 3months, the heels could be tearing away from the rear of the shoe.
Verdict: It is suitable for anyone who wants to have a lot of cushioning and padding on their shoes.
06. Rockport Men’s Walk360 Walking Mudguard Oxford
Among the best shoes for walking, shoes from Rockport offer you something which is of high quality and durability with a wide range of colors to choose from. In fact, you can choose from black, brown and chestnut colors. It is made with leather body part and synthetic sole. It is featured with pads on the tongue and collar and lace up closure. The middle sole of the shoe comes with a form-fitting EVA to help reduce foot and leg fatigue. In addition, the shoe has linings which are Dewix anti-microbial to prevent odor and moisture from trapping inside the shoe.
- The sole is waterproof and the upper part of the shoe is water repellent so you can walk on it even when it is raining outside.
- There is no need to break in the shoe and you can use it immediately.
- It has good shock absorbing cushioning and resilient forefoot cushioning with great stability.
- The design of this shoe might be old-fashioned and does not look trendy.
- It can create a squeaky noise which is easily noticeable when the surrounding area is quiet.
Verdict:It is great for walking and traveling, especially in raining season. It is also a good choice for anyone who wants to buy good men’s walking shoes on a tight budget.
07. Reebok Men’s Ultra V Dmx Max Walking Shoe
Reebok is a brand which is specialized in sports clothing, gear and footwear. It was established in the 1890 with the initial mission to help athletes to run faster and perform better. With its innovative and modern technologies applied to manufacturing men’s walking shoes, they are sure to deliver high quality and support the users with every single step they made.
This shoe is made with rubber sole, leather and mesh upper part. In addition, it features DMX ride cushioning, multi-surface outsole and EVA midsole. You can also have some options of colors including white, black and brown. Finally, it comes with low cut design.
- It comes with great comfort and coolness. In addition, it has great traction and flexibility to help you walk on all kinds of surfaces.
- The low cut design helps you to walk around easily and freely as well.
- It is very durable and can stand well against many harsh conditions of weather.
- The price of this shoe is pretty high in comparison with other models of shoes on the list.
Verdict:If you are willing to pay a premium price for a pair of men walking shoes when it is your best choice. In return, you would have shoes to last for a very long time.
08. Comfort Douglas Men’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Shoe Lycra Velcro
Dr. Comfort’s range of walking shoes is made for anyone who cares about craftsmanship, high quality shoes with comfort and classy styles. And this model of shoe is of no exception.
This model of men’s walking shoes is made with leather and Lycra and rubber shoes. The upper part is made with seamless and padded lining. It features Dr. Comfort gel insert and strep Velcro closure. Not to mention the great orthopedic design. You have 2 options to choose from namely black and chestnut color.
- The shoe is made from high quality and premium material, which helps the shoe to last for a long time under harsh conditions.
- It offers shoes from size 6 to size 15 with the increment of 0.5- that means that even if you have quite small feet, you would be able to find a pair that fits to your size. Not to mention that these sizes fit your normal shoe’s size well.
- The shoe has light weight outsole which is non skid, offering great slip resistance.
- The choice of style is also varied as well. You can buy classic shoes in the Lycra style or hiking shoes in the range of Ranger style. In addition, you can try the Boss or Protector for work shoes.
- The tongue of this shoe does not lift up, which might cause swollen toes.
Verdict: If you have feet which are too small or too large and have difficulty in looking for a pair of walking shoes that fit, you should consider this model of mens walking shoes. It is also suitable for any man who is currently suffering from diabetes.
09. Viihahn Men’s Breathable Mesh Waterproof Slip-On Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
The last brand of men’s walking shoes comes from Vuhahn, which is recently established but is gaining more popularity thanks to their high quality and durable products, especially their range of men walking shoes. That is why you should abosutely check out this model of men’s walking shoe.
This model of men’s waking shoes is made of neoprene with latex sole, solyte midsole and breathable air mesh upper sole. In addition, the shoe is equipped with Water Grip outsole that can help to provide good traction. Lastly, it comes with Com for Dry sock liner and open mesh upper sole to create a cooler and more comfortable environment for your feet.
- The shoe comes with good air ventilating system to keep your feet cool and comfortable all the time. Thanks to the support of the soft cushioning and flex grooves, you can have full flexibility while walking on these shoes.
- In addition, it can help you walk firmly onto slippery surfaces.
- It is also very lightweight with high quality and durable material.
- There is no size option for anyone whose feet are on average narrower or wider.
- Once the shoe gets wet, it would take quite a while to naturally air dry.
Verdict: This is one of the best men’s walking shoes for anyone seeking footwear to have in the summer as it can create the cool and dry environment for your feet. Ideally for anyone who is not into brand name shoes but one with efficiency and effectiveness.
Generally, the most comfortable walking shoes for men are not so hard to find as long as you pay attention to their material, construction and design. I hope that with the list above, you would be able to come up with one or some models of men’s walking shoes that you like. With careful consideration, I am sure that you would be able to find your best shoes in the near future.