A watch is one of the most important accessories that a man should have. It is not only for you to check the time but it can be a personal statement regarding one’s style and social status. And when you are on the market for the best watch, no other watches can beat a Swiss watch – in all aspects- style or functionality.
If you are looking for the best Swiss watches to add into your watch’s collection, you have come to the right place. Read below for the details on what you need to ask yourself when you buying a Swiss watch. At the end, there will be our top picks of Swiss watches for different needs and preferences as well.
What Make Swiss Watches’ Reputation?
When you ask for recommendation about a particular brand of watch to buy, many people will suggest that you should look for a Swiss band. Swiss watch makers have the highest level of reputations that no other makers from other countries can compete. Some of the most famous and luxurious brands of watches that you can find on the market are Rolex, Breguet,Patek Philippe and Cartier. These brands are all categorized as Swiss watch manufacturer.
Swiss watches are well known for their prices. Some of the watches can cost more than a few thousands of dollars. And there are good reasons for it.
- First of all, each Swiss watch is packed with a rich history. Generations have passed down their knowledge on making the best watch and a Swiss watch you have in hand today is the result of hundreds of years of knowledge perseverance and heritage.
- Second of all, Swiss watches for men are well known for their quality. All of the parts of a Swiss watch have high-quality materials and sturdy construction. Most significantly, the steel material is highly resistant and would look shiny for a long time. As a result, a Swiss watch can last for several decades with unchanging value. Many men consider a Swiss watch as a gift they can pass on to his son and then to his grandson and so on.
- Besides the quality, the design of a Swiss watch is what makes its reputation. The design of a typical Swiss watch would look classy and yet very innovative. A Swiss watch on one man’s wrist can enhance his style a great deal.
How To Choose The Best Swiss Watches
In order to choose the best Swiss watches, you need to ask yourself a lot of questions such as why you buy a Swiss watches and how much money you have. There are a few features that you need to take into consideration as well. Here are the top things that you need to think before you make the final decision of what Swiss watch to buy:
- The purpose: First of all, you need to think about the reason why you want to buy a Swiss watch. The different purpose will help you narrow down the features of the watch that you need to consider. There are many reasons why a man wants to buy a Swiss watch. Some of them are to buy a gift for the valuable business partner, to impress other people, to mark a milestone of your life, or to make a strong statement about one’s social status. The list can go on and on. With different purposes of buying a Swiss watch, there will not be a sole answer question of what are the best Swiss watches.
- Your life style: After you have the clear motive to buy a Swiss watch, you should then consider your life style. The watch that you are going to buy should be compatible with your current style. Or else it wouldn’t be able to enhance your look. Think about what types of clothes that you would wear the most when you wear your Swiss watch. If you want to wear a watch to work when you wear a business suite, this watch needs to match that style. However, if you want to wear your new watch when you go out taking part in outdoor activities, you should aim for a sporty watch. And in case you are an artist wearing creative style, a watch with an original and unique look will surely enhance your personal image.
- Your intentions of using a watch: There are different styles of Swiss watches for different intentions. You might need to wear a watch every day. You can also have a watch to wear when you participate in a sport or go diving. When you are able to choose a Swiss watch which is designed for your unique need, the watch will be more reliable and durable.
- Brands: As I mentioned above, there are many well-known Swiss brands for your consideration such as Rolex, Breguet,Patek Philippe and Cartier. They are among the most famous brands with the top-notch quality and design. However, they are also the most expensive. There are other less well-known Swiss brands with a high quality and stylish look as well. The thing is, if you want to buy a Swiss watch because you want a watch that lasts, you can choose a less expensive Swiss brand. However, if you want a watch to kind of show off your social status and impress other people, you should invest in these luxury brands. Nevertheless, all of these Swiss brands have their own strengths a, own styles, and a long and interesting tradition. You should spend some time researching about the uniqueness of different Swiss brands to see which one will fit your interest the most.
- Features of the watch: There are a lot of things that you should check in a watch. Still, think about what you need in a Swiss watch. For example, if you want a watch which is precise, you should look for the chronometers and check their quality. If you need a watch that is highly water resistant, you should go for a sports watch or even a diving watch. And if you need a watch to use when you go hiking, some Swiss watch offers very nice features to guide you such as the internal compass.
- Style: As I mentioned above, the style of the Swiss watch that you are about to buy should match with your current styles and your intention of using this watch. There are a few popular Swiss watches’ styles such as the business style or the sports style. If you want to buy a Swiss watch to add to your watch collection (rather than you watch wardrobe), you should look for one with unique styles at which the excellent craftsmanship and high quality materials are shown.
- Your budget: Some Swiss watches are super expensive and not anyone can afford it. If you want to make an investment in your social status or want to buy a watch as a heritage to pass down to your next generation, go for an expensive watch from a reputational brand name. Some watches from these brands don’t lose their monetary value over time. Some of them can even go up in prices after a few years.
Still, if you just need a Swiss watch that is durable and functional, you don’t have to spend all of your fortune.
Make sure you understand why the watch you are going to buy has such a price. Is it because it has a well-known brand name? Is it because of the materials? Is the quality top-notch with excellent movement mechanism?
While we are talking about your budget and how much money you should pay for a Swiss watch, you should know that no Swiss watch is cheap. If you come up with a very attractive deal, especially online, for a cheap Swiss watch, you need to beware. Always check the authenticity of the watch and the reliability of the retailers before you buy a Swiss watch. Authentic Swiss watches all comes with brand labeling, documentation, and serial numbers which you can check on their official websites.
Reviews Of The Best Swiss Watches
Here are our top picks for the best Swiss watches for men that you can find on the market. They all have different unique features and their own strengths and weakness. Let’s go into more details about these models and compare them to see which one is suitable for you. They are first categorized into different intentions for wearing a Swiss watch, which are for business purpose and for sport purpose.
For Business Purposes
Technomarine Men’s ‘Black Reef’ Swiss Quartz Stainless Steel Casual Watch (Model: TM-515019)
Its Main Features: This Swiss watch has the chronograph functions with 60 second, 30 minute and 1/10 of a second subdials. It features the style of a black dial with rose gold tone. The diameter of the case is 45 mm.
- In case you are looking for a dressy business watch with unique colors, this Swiss watch will not disappoint you. Not to mention that these colors are so versatile they go well with a lot of clothing and skin tones.
- The face of the watch is very detailed and is made with excellent craftsmanship. It is very easy for you to have a quick look on the watch to check the time.
- The band of the watch is made of soft silicone which is nice and comfortable even if you have to wear the watch for a long day.
- The movement of the watch not temperature compensated. Hence, if you are looking for a precise Swiss watch with the best quality quartz movement, this watch is not the best one on the list.
Swiss Men’s Stainless Steel Blue Tourbillon Automatic Mechanical Watch
Its Main Features: This Swiss features a precise 21-jewel automatic movement with analog display. The case is made with stainless steel and the dial window is made of mineral. The diameters of the case are 41 x 43 mm.
- The beautiful blue color of this watch is truly unique and classy, which goes well with a lot of skin tones and clothes.
- The stainless steel of this watch is scratch resistant, which helps the watch to remain shiny all of the time.
- Overall, the watch is very solid and sturdy. It is highly water resistant so that you can enjoy wearing it when you wash your hand or take part in water activities.
- This watch has a minor problem with the numerical date. It will cycle through all of the numbers of day, regardless of 30 days or 31 days. So for months which have 30 days, you have to manually reset the date for it to count from 1.
- The buttons which are used to adjust the time can be pushed somewhat too easily. You might end up accidentally push the buttons and change the time without you knowing.
Zeiger Men’s Unusual Vietnam Military Sport Wrist Watch, Forces Marine Corps Swiss Army, Big face for Boyfriend Dual Time Leather Band
Its Main Features: This Swiss watch is made with stainless steel case and leather watch band. It is water resistant of up to 1 ATM. The dial and buckle are in silver color. The digital time of this watch has both of the 12 and 24 hours format time.
- Unlike the Technomarine Men’s ‘Black Reef’ Swiss Watch, this watch’s band is made from leather to bring extra formality to this business watch.
- If you are looking for a watch with a high level of accuracy, this one can meet your demand. It is made with the Japanese quartz movement to ensure it tells time correctly for a long time.
- In addition, with a side bezel knob, you wouldn’t accidentally change the time.
- This is the best Swiss watch for you if you are looking for a big and heavy watch with the unique and sporty design. If you like a watch with a certain weight, you would also like this watch a lot.
- With a lot of features, the setting of this Swiss might be confusing, especially if you have never use an analog/ digital watch before.
Stuhrling Men’s 601.33151 Ascot Swiss Quartz Ultra Thin Black Alligator-Embossed Leather Strap Watch
Its Main Features: This watch is specially made with protective Krysterna crystal dial window. It is a round dress watch with black alligator-embossed band, black dial and slim baton-style hour markers. It features the Swiss quartz movement with analog display.
- In case you are looking for one of the best watches for men in minimalist style, this watch is for you. With its sleek and modern style, this watch is suitable for both work wear and dress wear.
- While this watch is a business Swiss watch, it features the ability to resist water just like a sports watch. With the water resistance to 165 feet, you can wear this watch when you go swimming or showering.
- The leather strap is made with high quality real leather material to bring a soft and smooth feel to your wrist.
- The buckle of this watch makes it very easy for you to wear the watch on and off your hand. You can easily adjust the length of the strap to make sure it fits your wrist perfectly.
- This watch’s quartz movement needs to be improved. After using this watch for a while, I notice that it becomes less and less precise.
Victorinox Men’s 249090 Original Analog Display Swiss Quartz Black Watch
Its Main Features: This watch comes with a round face, a three-hand movement, luminous hands and hour makers. The case is made from plastic with the dimension of 39 mm. The dial window is made from shatter-resistant material. It features the Swiss quartz movement with analog display.
- The number on the watch is very bold and clear, making it easier for you to check the time.
- The movement of this watch is very precise so that you can use this watch for a long time without having to adjust the time.
- In addition, this case is very sturdy and strong. While it is made from plastic (obviously, it is not as durable as a stainless steel watch), it is scratch resistant and shatter resistant just as well.
- This watch is relatively small. (Other Swiss watches often come with the dimension for the case of about 41 mm and more while this watch only has the diameter of 39 mm).
- The band of this watch is made from Nylon material. As a result, it might feel a little bit irritating and badly-ventilated on your wrist.
For Sports Purpose
Mastop Swiss Luxury Sapphire Waterproof Watches Men Automatic Mechanical Wrist Watch Full Stainless Steel
Its Main Features: This Swiss sports watch is made of 316 L stainless steel. It is water resistant of up to 5 ATM. The diameter of the case is 41 mm.
- It has all of the features that you would need in a sports watch including the stopwatch and timer functions. Not to mention that you would find it easier for you to use these features on this Swiss watch.
- All of the numberings and hands on the watch are very easy to read as they are bold and clear.
- You will fall in loves with its shiny stainless steel case and the beautifully designed mineral dial.
- This watch is powered by the motion of the wearer’s wrist. If the watch is not worn for 8 or more active hours per day, it will run slower than usual or even stop briefly.
- This sports watch is not suitable for diving.
Stuhrling Original Men’s 395.33B11 Aquadiver Regatta Analog Swiss Quartz Stainless Steel Link Bracelet Watch
Its Main Features: This Swiss sports watch is made of surgical grade stainless steel. It is water resistant of up to 5 ATM. The diameter of the case is 42 mm. Other features of this watch include the unidirectional ratcheting coin edge bezel, adjustable bracelet, and sword-style luminous hands.
- This watch comes with sword-style hands, which are very unique and creative.
- The stainless steel case is scratch resistant and durable.
- Overall, the case has a balanced weight and a very sturdy construction, which will help you to take part in many active sports without having to worry about the watch.
- Most significantly, this watch is shock resistant. As a result, you can enjoy wearing it for all kinds of activities and don’t have to take a very good care of it.
- The watch is relatively heavier than other types of Swiss watch on this list.
- There is no stopwatch or alarm functions on this watch.
Stuhrling Original Men’s 395.33U16 Aquadiver Regatta Analog Swiss Quartz Stainless Steel Link Bracelet Watch
Its Main Features: This is a stainless steel round watch featuring blue unidirectional ratcheting bezel and screw-down crown. It comes with the Swiss quartz movement with analog display. It is also made with the protective Kyrsterna crystal dial window.
- This watch features a blue dial face with luminous hands and date window. This brings a stunning and elegant look to this sports watch, making it different from the traditional watches made by Stuhrling.
- The top notch luminescent markers ensure 100% of underwater visibility. You can easily see the time on the watch when there is a lack of light around you as well.
- Of course this sports watch is resistant to a number of factors including the pressure, water, and even the temperature of the water.
- Like some of other Stuhringlin watch, this sports watch doesn’t have the alarm or the stopwatch function.
Stuhrling Original Watches Mens “Specialty Grand Regatta” Stainless Steel Professional Swiss Quartz Dive Watch
Its Main Features: This is a stainless steel round watch with unidirectional ratcheting bezel and screw-down crown. Like other Stuhrling watches, this watch comes with the Swiss quartz movement with analog display. It is also made with the protective Kyrsterna crystal dial window.
- In case you are looking for a classic sports watch with a high performance under the water, this watch is for you.
- The deep sea blue dial is designed for quick and easy read-off, even in low light conditions
- Not to mention that the crystal, the stainless steel materials, and other materials of this watch are of top-notch quality. All of these features make the watch very sturdy and scratch-resistant.
- It has all of the features that you would need in a basic sport watches like stopwatch.
- This watch is a little bit big and heavy.
A Swiss watch is definitely a worthy investment for any man’s wardrobe. Swiss watches and Swiss brands are well known for excellent craftsmanship, high quality materials, stunning design, and not to mention, the precise movement. Most importantly, each Swiss watch can tell a unique and interesting story about its tradition and heritage. All of these aspects contribute to Swiss watches’ reputation. There are a lot of things that you need to consider before buying a Swiss watch, such as your intentions of buying a watch, your styles, and your budget.
With the tips above, and the time and effort you put into researching, I am sure that you would be able to find the best Swiss watch for all of your needs and requirements.