With the help of innovation and technology, there are more and more advanced and modern products of fitness tracker watches. These watches are able to keep tracks of your workouts, calories burned or how many hours you sleep per day. They also come with many attractive features such as GPS, the ability to connect to your phones and your apps among many other things.
With a wide variety of choices available to you, it might be hard to pick up the good from the many. Reading reviews about the best fitness tracker watches is an essential step you need to do before making an informed choice. We sum up the best fitness watches for you to help you quickly search for the best and most suitable model for you. Here they are.
Here is the list of the best fitness tracker watches to buy in 2017:
1. Polar M400 GPS Smart Sports Watch
Its Main Features: This watch comes with built in GPS technology to keep track of your running cadence as well as your activities. It comes with a rubber watch strap. In addition; it connects to the Polar Flow app and web service to sync your trainings. It is available in 5 options of colors including black, red, white, blue and pink.
- Automatic sleep tracking
- Always on display with a backlight
- Inactivity alerts
- You can buy one option with heart rate monitor or choose to buy one without it. This sport watch goes well with Polar heart rate monitor as well as other non Polar monitors (as long as they use Bluetooth LE)
- It has a slim profile of 11.5 in thickness and 56.6 grams in weight. It is slightly heavier than some models such as Garmin sports watch.
- It is undeniable one of the most innovative sports watch you can find on the market. it is compatible with H7 Heart rate sensor to help you maintain your targeted heart zone and run with efficiency.
- It has a long battery life. On normal run, I would be able to use this watch for 8 hours using GPS tracking. If you use this watch for fitness tracking only, it would take you 24 hours.
- Last but not least, this sports watch is waterproof so that you can take part in many water activities without worrying about this watch.
- When you set the watch on silent alarm, the alerts would go without any vibration.
- This sports watch isn’t compatible with any heart rate monitor which makes use of ANT + technology.
2. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Large (US version)
Its Main Features: Like the Polar Smart Sports Watch, this watch helps to keep track of your daily activities and connect them with fitness apps on your phone. There are 6 colors for you to choose from including black, gunmetal, plum, blue and gold.
- Water resistant
- Inactivity alert
- Silent Alarm
- Sleep tracking
- The display of the watch is quite large and easy to read. I don’t have a good vision but I can easily see this watch on my hand while I am running without having a close look.
- The strap of this watch is super comfortable. You can wear it all day long without feeling any discomfort. In addition, you can adjust the strap so make it fit better on your wrists. It can fit wrist’s size from 6.7 inches to 8.1 inches.
- Some of the sports watches require you to wear a chest strap to monitor heart rate. You don’t have to do so with this Fitbit watch. Also the PurePulse technology to monitor heat rate is very accurate
- Moreover, this watch uses SmartTrack and Fitstart to provide you with guidance on how to work out on the screen.
- It has a long battery life. And it recharges quickly. All it takes is about 1 hour to be fully charged from 0 %.
- There are so many different colors for your consideration.
- There is no built in GPS. You need to connect the watch to your phone if you want the watch to track your running.
- Keep in mind that this watch is water resistant but not waterproof.
3. Garmin vivofit 3 Activity Tracker
Its Main Features: Besides the ability to track your common activities and count calories burned in these activities, it also recognize new activities and track it. You can choose between 2 colors- black and white and two sizes, which are regular and extra large. You can also choose among different pattern on the watch band such as checkered pattern or interweaving ropes.
- Captures of different activities automatically.
- Ideal alert with move bar
- Syncs to Garmin connect app
- 5 ATM waterproof
- With this product, you don’t have to worry about recharging your watch every now and then. In fact, the batter of this product can last for 1 year.
- You don’t have to charge your watch every week or so. The battery of a Garmin Vivofit 3 can run for 1 year.
- One of the main strengths of this fitness tracker watch is that it is available in different sizes and colors for you to choose the right fit and right styles. In addition, the strap of this watch is interchangeable, giving you more opportunities to create different look for the watch that you are supposed to wear daily.
- This watch comes with the same measurement as the FItbit Blaze as I wear them both when running. So it is safe to say that this watch delivers accurate and reliable results.
- The strap of this fitness tracker watch is so soft, smooth and well ventilated, even though when your wrist is sweaty from your intensive workouts.
- It is quite hard to read the screen on this watch outdoor, especially under a board and clear sunlight.
4. UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker
Its Main Features: Unlike most of the fitness tracker watches on this list, the main responsibility of this watch is to sensor your actions, record and transfer data to your phone for reading. This watch is available in 9 colors including black, indigo, red and sand color.
- Smart coach and lifestyle tracking
- Silent alarm
- Sleep tracking
- You don’t need to use cable to sync this watch to your phone.
- The battery life of the watch is very long. In general, it can run for 7 days straight without you having to recharge it.
- If you are looking for one of the lightest and slimmest fitness tracker watches on the market, this one is really worth considering. On your hand, it would like one of your fancy accessories rather than a technical gadget thanks to its sharp and slim design.
- One of the things that I like the most about this watch is the app that comes along with it. It is super easy to use and very user friendly. The app also offers a strong and timely support as well.
- It offers reliable results thanks to the new and innovative technologies that it uses to track your activities such as the new multi sensor platform, tri-axis accelerometer as well as the ambient temperature sensors.
- It is not wearable when you go swimming.
- One of its main problems is that all of the statistics and results from your current activities are not shown on the watch. You have to connect it to a phone to see all of these numbers.
5. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband
Its Main Features: This watch keeps track of your active and inactive activities as well as your time of sleeping. There are 6 colors for you to choose from including black, gunmetal, plum, blue and gold.
- PurePulse hear rate
- Multi sport tracking and connected GPS
- Guided breathing sessions
- This watch is definitely an improved version of the Fitbit Charge with automatically track activities, calories counts and step counts. Basically, it offers everything that a fitness tracker watch offers.
- In addition, it offer a relax more for guidance on deep breathing exercises to help you relax in between your training sessions.
- It offers new updates frequently. For example, you now can view your cardio fitness level, which consists of information about your heart rate data as well as your VO2 max, a feature that isn’t frequently offered by other fitness watches.
- The display of this watch is large enough that it helps you to see multiple lines of information and stats at the same time.
- While there is no setting for you to adjust brightness, it is quite easy to see under direct sunlight as well as when there is lack of light.
- It can track a wide number of activities such as jogging, running or biking. A tip here is that if you want to track a quick exercise, doing it manually is quicker than waiting for the watch to do it automatically.
- You can trust in this watch in delivering reliable results and statistics constantly thanks to its highly innovative technology and sensors.
- This watch has the same problems with the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch Large (US version) which are reviewed above. There is not GPS built in with this watch and it is not waterproof.
- For tracking sleeping mode, this watch only record the time when you are asleep, awake and restless. It doesn’t record or analyze light and deep sleeping.
6. Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch Large
Its Main Features: This watch is available in 3 options of colors including black, blue and pink.
- Built- in GPS
- Heart rate monitor
- Samsung S Health Android App
- 4 GB storage
- Customizable alerts
- If you like listening to music when you work out, you would love this watch as well. It helps to store your favorite music on the GearFit 2 or connect to Spotify to get access to the library of millions of songs for your training sessions.
- This Samsung Gear watch is for anyone who looks for more advanced fitness tracker that doesn’t simply offer you basic data about your activities. It can track a wide range of activities from running, biking to jumping and body weighting using a bundle of sensors such as barometer and accelerometer.
- It is easy for you to navigate around the watch with sensitive screen and user friendly interfere.
- The material of the watch’s trap is flexible and durable. In addition, it is easy and smooth to wear the band onto your wrist thanks to the buckle closure system.
- Last but not least, this watch comes with an internal storage so that you can save your favorite workout music straight to the watch.
- After the workout, the numbers of your activities will appear on the screen and quickly disappear. There seems to be no way to get it back. Nevertheless, you can check it with your phone so that it is not really a big deal.
7. TomTom Spark 3, GPS Fitness Watch and Activity Tracker
Its Main Features: This watch is available in 2 colors including black and aqua. It comes in 2 different sizes as well, namely large and small.
- 24/7a activity tracking including steps and active minutes
- Route exploration to find you way back to the start
- Continuous hear rate monitoring
- It has one of the longest battery lives. With no use of GPS, it can last for 3 weeks. And 11 hours without GPS.
- Unlike FItbit, this watch comes with built in GPS and hear rate monitor, 2 of the most useful features that you would need in a fitness watch.
- You can play music through this watch without using your phone as well.
- The inside surface of the strap is soft smooth and flexible with enhanced texture to help ventilate air and wick sweat away. It also doesn’t leave any imprint on your wrist even though when you have to wear it for a long time.
- The route exploration feature is normally found in expensive watch. You have this feature in this watch for a more reasonable price.
- The heart rate monitor coming with this watch is reliable. Not to mention that it doesn’t require you to wear a chest strap to function this feature.
- There is no phone notification with this watch.
- It is kind of big and bulky.
8. Moov Now – Stealth Black – 3D Fitness Tracker & Real Time Audio Coach – [NEW] Run Walk Swim Cycle Workout Cardio Boxing
Its Main Features: There are several colors for you to choose from including stealth black, aqua blue, blizzard white, pink, orange and fusion red.
- Real time coaching
- 12 guided workouts
- Counts reps
- This watch comes with many vibrant and bright colors such as pink, orange and fusion red. These colors are hardly seen from other watch bands of other manufacturers.
- Besides the colorful choices of colors, I am also amazed at the design of a light and small watch. It looks elegant just like an expensive accessory on your wrist.
- You might also like the real time coaching function which is very effective and helpful. You would be able to make quick improvements for your workouts thanks to the timely instructions from the watch.
- There are also guided workouts for you to follow to add more variety to your current workouts.
- The strap of the watch is made from high quality soft rubber with mesh material to make sure air is distributed evenly when you wear the watch on.
- While it doesn’t come with heart rate monitor, there is no trouble at all for you to connect and sync the watch with other heart rate monitor app.
- You don’t have to change the battery of this watch for about 6 to 7 months.
- One of the main cons of this watch is that the statistics and data for activity tracking are quite simple, especially when you compare that with other results from other fitness tracker watches.
9. Garmin vívosmart HR+ Regular Fit Activity Tracker
Its Main Features: This watch offers you 2 options of sizes including XL and regular. It also comes with 3 choices of colors namely black, purple and blue.
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- 5 ATM water resistant
- GPS enabled
- You don’t need to wear a chest strap to use the heart rate monitor. Also the heart rate monitor comes with similar results as you can get from the treadmill as well as from other high quality fitness tracker watches so you can say it is quite accurate.
- The band of this watch is super comfortable to wear all day long. It is flexible and durable that it doesn’t stretch out over time at all.
- The numbers and letters on display are sharp and easy for you to read, even in the board day light.
- It contains all of the most updated and innovative sensors such as altimeter, barometric and accelerometer so that all of your actions are recorded.
- In case you are searching for a highly functional fitness watch, this one is for you. It offers statistics for intensity minutes, pace and VO2 max to make sure that you can effectively manage your workout.
- It is also wearable when you go swimming so that you can wear in 24/7.
- Occasionally, the sync between the watch and the Garmin Connect is not really smooth.
- In my opinion, the watch looks like a plain functional gadget without a good look. Not to mention that it is quite thick. It is 192 mm in thick, which would look bulky on your wrist.
10. Huawei Fit Smart Fitness Watch Heart Rate and Sleep Monitor Waterproof Activity Tracker, Orange Sport Band
Its Main Features: It comes with 3 options of colors. The most colorful one is the moonlight silver with orange sport band. You can also choose from moonlight silver with blue sport band and titanium grey with black sport band.
- 5 ATM water resistant
- Hear rate sensor with continuous hear rate monitoring
- Sleep tracking
- Ambient light sensor
- This watch can provide you a very accurate heart rate monitor. Some watches are not good at monitor hear rate in intensive workouts but it is not the case with this watch.
- The strap of the watch is relatively thin, flexible and soft. It sits comfortably on your wrist for a long day. You can even change it to other strap if you want to.
- With the built in GPS, you can use all of the features of the watch without the help of a smart phone.
- The band of this watch is slim fit and interchangeable so that you can change the look of the watch to match with your style. Also, if you like watch strap with buckle style, you would like this one more than other fitness tracker watches such as Fitbit which use button clasp closure system.
- The Bluetooth connectivity of this watch needs improvement. Currently, it is quite poor.
- Although it is advertised to go for longer than 6 days on battery, I have to recharge my watch after 4 days of using on GPS.
That is all about 10 best fitness tracker watches to buy in 2017. Overall, they are effective in tracking your daily activities as well as sports. They are also effective in term of keeping record of your health status. I hope the review above would give you enough information and guide you on how to choose the most suitable fitness tracker watch for you.
When you are able to find your perfect match, you would be more aware about your health and your wellbeing would be improved over time. Therefore, a good watch like the ones reviewed above is definitely worth considering and investing in.